Nail Infection

I have nail infection for the past 4-5 which is growing day by in different hands finger which is painful too.As of now I am using medicine Fluconazole capsule prescribed by doctor of CMC Medical,Vellore. And I am taking this capsule for the last 1 month but I can see no improvement rather than my other nails are also getting affected by this . Please help me on this .I am very much scared now as because this fungus has already damaged my 2 nails and it is now into my third nail.

Doctor Answers (1) on Nail Infection

Dr. D.P. Jayanth Mysore | Dermatologist
You are being treated for nail fungal infection. Fluconazole does not work in many patients due to anti fungal resistance. Kindly request your dermatologist for a nail culture for fungus and sensitivity. Based on the report, appropriate anti fungal needs to be prescribed. It takes a few weeks for the report . Till then, detailed blood tests for diabetes need to be done. If treated properly, nail fungal infections heal well. However, since nail growth is slow- it takes 6 months for a healthy pink appearance of the affected nails. Kindly consult dermatologist and get investigated fully.