Black Lines beneath nails

I have black lines beneath my nails running from tip of the finger nail to the end.I came to know it as some skin cancer.If i get that removed will it be cured.What are my survival rates? Its not thick black its light black right now.What's the general cost for nail biopsy?what foods I have to avoid and what is the cause for the lines and how should i proceed for treatment
views-icons 48 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Black Lines beneath nails

Hi. Greetings. Yes this is a sign of cancer of the melanocytes in the nail bed. BUT NOT IN INDIANS! I GUESS YOU HAVE BEEN MISGUIDED BY GOOGLE. This problem is common in Indians and dark races and not related to cancer in us. However, if you are really scared you must visit a dermatologist and discuss the same with him.. Nail biopsy usually costs up to 1 to 3 k depending on the city and place you get it done. However not needed in your case is what I would opine. Relax. Hope this helps.