Nagin (Shingles)
Hi, my mom (around 60 yrs) is suffering from Shingles. Last Sunday she had back pain within a week she got red rashes on back. Initially we thought it must b bcoz of summer but family doc diagnosed it as Shingles. it is very painful and burning. V r scared. Do v need to consult skin specialist? Wht v need to do? Thanks
149 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Manoj Agarwala
Dermatologist 12 yrs exp Delhi

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹500 for 24 hrs

Thanks for the query. You should meet a Dermatologist for sure and initiate on appropriate treatment as early as possible. There must be some treatment to reduce the pain and dryness and some to reduce the shingles. Delaying or no treatment can lead to a condition called post herpetic neuralgia. Sometimes inspire of treatment,it can happen too. Considering the above facts and much more , delaying consultation is not good. Other family members who never had chickpox should be advised to refrain from close contact with affected member or isolate the affected member as shingles can cause chicken pox in unexposed. Hope it helps you.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.