Myopia(-2.5L & -3.5R)

Hi Doc, I want to get to rid of my glasses permanently, what's the best way to get rid of it? I don't want to use contact lenses cause I hate it and how do I know if I'm a valid candidate for a LASIK surgery. And if there's a economic way alternative to LASIK, what is it? And what would be the estimate price range..

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

First of all lasik is the only option for you...secondly lasik is the most economic option for u.....and lastly regarding suitability for lasik..there are few points...1. Age more than 18yrs ..2. Number should be stable..3. Corneal thickness >500 micron on pachymetry..4. Schirmer test should be >10mm at end of 5 minutes...corneal topography should be normal as measured on orbscan or pentacam and lastly ur retina should be normal not only in centre but in periphery also

Hello there. LASIK is the best option you have since you don't want to go for contact lenses. Your power should have remained constant for atleast a year or two without fluctuations and then you can be taken as a candidate for LASIK. I wouldn't be able to comment on the price as the price varies from hospital to hospital and doctor to Doctor. So the best way is really to consult a ophthalmologist in person and get your self checked out if you are a candidate and also on the price point. All the best. Regards
Y Siva Kumar
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 27 yrs exp Hyderabad
Laser Vision Correction or LASIK will be the best option for you. Apart from stability of your power (at least for one year) & age (above 18 years), most important will be a topography scan & pachymetry of cornea, which will decide the suitability for this procedure. If suitable, the method is very fast, results are very accurate & predictable. Standard LASIK costs around Rs 30,000, customized variety will be around Rs 36,000 and the blade free one around Rs 80,000, all for both eyes.
Dr. Sajid Ahmed Afzal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 14 yrs exp Hyderabad
Lasik is the option for you. It cost around 35k to 45k. U need to undergo corneal scan to see whether u are eligible for lasik or not. It is the best option as lot of advancement happened in this speciality