My husband hates me

He used to joke quite often negatively..I used to think as a joke and laugh it off..Gradualy he started storing the same words as my doing in his sub consious mind..Now he keeps saying firmly that i have done those things and imaginies that i am not good..I have endlessly worked to keep this family together always smiling..Now,I really dont know how to make him think positive,..talk positive..This happens with only me..He is a completly changed person outside

Doctor Answers (3) on My husband hates me

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello dear, it can be really difficult to spend the most important years of your life serving your family and not being acknowledged and appreciated at this age, it can be severely discouraging, despairing and frustrating. Especially at this stage of life, when children are moving away and your spouse is the only support such demeaning behavior can push you to hopelessness and depression. As you say, that outside he is a completely different person, so its difficult to say that he is suffering from a mental illness hut in all likelihood this is his manipulative behavior to keep you submissive and suppressed. Know howsoever, that you shall have to find newer avenues to express yourself and appreciate yourself, don't depend on him for appreciating yourself. Go out to meet other ladies, go for regular walks,teach your maid's children to read and write, you read books, cook , sew, knit keep yourself happily engaged. If you can convince him for couple therapy, nothing better, if not , meet one yourself to live life happily.
Dr. Atul Aswani Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hello Wife.. 1. He may need a psychiatrist's evaluation. 2. Both of you need solid marriage counseling too.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... You to make him undersatnd your feeling to him, or by some other whom he listen.... Don't take it negatively , confront it baldly, this kind of demotivating ,suppressing attitude is will be there in some people... You rethink about about your mistake and try to correct it .. One or other day you will prove him wrong ..