My fingure does not bend
Hi, got injured while playing, my left hand index finger does not bend, no fracture, I was advised to do practice with physiotherapist which I could not continue due to my traveling job. But now, I want my finger to be healed properly.

Dr. Raviraj Francis (PT)
Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi...from wher is your index finger not bending...i mean the distal IC jt or MCP Jt (last bending jt of index finger or the joint whr the finger meets the hand)....in either conditions you need to undergo mobilization of index finger and specific exercises.... was your finger put up in a certain splint ?? First the adhesions need to be broken with eithr US scar programme or Wax bath or Hot formentation....then approx 20 mins of finger bending exercises and mobilazations needs to be carried out .... this is a gradual process dont expect the bending in 2 to 3 settings.... also are you feeling any pain in the finger??