My daughter 's memory

I have an eight year old daughter. She is in third standard. She is a slow learner she confuse some letters like b with d and write 3 in opposite direction she forget everything whatever she ĺearns. I am Bergman ch vorried about this what shall I do now?

Doctor Answers (2) on My daughter 's memory

The symptoms You have informed in your question May be the feature of Dyslexia. Dyslexia is a condition in which the child develop learning difficulties in inform of reading or writing. Sometimes they write the mirror image of the letter a called mirror image writing as you have described in your question. This is a feature of Dyslexia because of directional confusion.I cannot say whether your baby suffering from dyslexia or not without a proper evaluation by a psychologist..But you must consult a neurologists and psychologist for definitely diagnosis. If it get confirmed that Dyslexia then donot worry. she will improve by special care. But careful understanding of her illness is more important because these children have usually good intelligence
Syed Ali Chennai | Neurosurgeon
Don't worry. Everything will settle with regular training