Memory problem

At the age of 19, i am facing this issue. Since past 6 to 7 months i am feeling like my memory power is reducing. It used to be brilliant before. I many times even forget what i was about to do. I sleep for about 6 to 7 hors a day due to studies pressure. What should i do? Please help...

Doctor Answers (1) on Memory problem

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Many people find it hard to focus, but it is a skill you can develop. To improve your focus:
Reduce distractions. Turn off the TV, put down your phone and log out of your email account. Not convinced it'll help? Eliminate noncritical screen time for two days and see how much more you get done.
Plan for peaks and valleys. Are you a morning person? Then don't squander that time on email. Instead, use it to tackle projects that require your full concentration. Save the afternoon for going through your inbox or catching up on your filing.
Put it out of your mind. Too many mental notes make for a cluttered mind. All of that unfinished business can sap your mental energy. Put whatever's on your mind on paper or capture it digitally. Think of it as off-site storage.
Train your brain. Any skill worth having requires practice. Learning to focus is no different. Invest time in mastering attention training or meditation. Both are great ways to practice taming distractions and improving focus...Consult psychiatric clinic for further help