Mucous Cyst

Unfortunately i get a mucous cyst inside of my left side lower lip the size of a small pea. It does not hurt but it's feeling me uncomfortable day by day, because now i have a habit of touching it with my tongue. Now please suggest me, what could i do if want to remove it by surgery?

Doctor Answers (5) on Mucous Cyst

Hi, get it excised abd at the same time send it for biopsy to rule out any other pathologies. Best of luck.
Hi mucous cyst are formed mostly because of trauma leading to collection of fluid under epithelium and to cyst formation...just a small procedure is required to remove it under local anesthesia...if the cystic lining is removed in total thn recurrence is low...visit ur dentist for best advice take care best of luck
Dr. Pranay Bangalore | Dentist
Schedule an appointment for removal of that cyst and do send it for biopsy to rule out any other things associated with it. Take care..
Visit your dentist and get it removed as it is a simple procedure and do not worry about it as it is curable
Pls see an oral surgeon soon...it's easily removable under a small local procedure and recovery is no big problem