Mouth Ulcer
I am having mouth ulcer and through a chemist, I got Dologel CT ointment to be applied over the affected area. I wanted to know since this is for oral use. If some amount gets swallowed will it cause any harm?

Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. If a little gel is swallowed, it wont cause amy harm. Mouth ulcers can occur due to a number of reasons like vitamin deficiency, herpes simplex infection, pemphigus, candidiasis. It is important to determine the cause. Also if the lesions are small and few, they usually spontaneously heal on their own. If it's not healing, then consult a dermatologist for further evaluation.
Dr. Jayesh Pavra
General Physician 18 yrs exp Ahmedabad
No it will not