I'd like to remove the mole on my face (Photos attached)
1. I'm not sure if I have keloid tendency, but I have had two keloids on my sternum area (Photo attached). I got these keloids when I shaved my chest hairs 5 years back.
I have no other keloids anywhere else on my body
2. What are the chances of getting a keloid in place of the mole?
3. What method of mole removal would you suggest me ? I am confused between complete mole excision vs radiofrequency shave excision
4. Which method of mole removal will have lesser chances of developing a keloid?
5. What are the chances of recurrence of the mole if I got for Radio Frequency shave excision?
I am very scared of keloid. My only worry is that I should not develop keloid instead of a mole. Also, I am not happy with the mole on my face as well. The mole is growing in size and one hair is coming out of it
I would highly appreciate an detailed reply
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
There is not much chance of development of keloid.. keloids over presternal region are common... If you have not developed keloids following trivial trauma anywhere else you might not develop... Mole can be removed by excision or Rf.. Excisiom is better as no chance if recurrence.
You have a keloids tendency. Although keloids rarely form on face, the possibility can not be completely ruled out. So if you are scared do not get the surgery done.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.