Misssed periods

I had unprotected sex on 2nd july but the guy did not cum inside me. Later I got my periods on 23july and 3rd sept but after that im not getting my periods. Did a home pregnancy test it shows negative. Confused, what can be the possible reason of missed periods. As I was detected with pcos five months back and did complete a course of 3 months. Was on gocyst tablet

Doctor Answers (3) on Misssed periods

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, As you got your periods and the pregnancy test was also negative, you are unlikely to be pregnant. You might be having irregular periods due to PCOS. For now, visit your doctor and get yourself evaluated again for PCOS. Also, you need to lose weight so have a well-nourished diet and do regular exercise. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further examination. My clinic offers varied gynecological treatments and services and ensures a successful treatment. You can also share your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
Hello. Since you got periods after intercourse and potency test was negative, pregnancy is ruled out. Need not worry about that. Irregular periods could be because of PCOS.
You are around 8-10 kg overweight for your height. You will need to lose weight through diet and exercise, it will help with PCOS symptoms. You also need to be started on OC pills and metformin
Dr. Shikha Shah Mumbai | Gynecologist
Hi there,
After having gone through your question,  I am of the opinion that
1) Since you got your regular periods after having intercourse and he did not cum inside,  plus home pregnancy test was negative,  chances of you being pregnant are negligible.
2) The delay in periods could be because of imbalance of PCOD.
3) I suggest you get yourself a repeat evaluation.
4) You can also get a blood test called beta hcg which can detect pregnancy better.

Hope this was helpful
Regards,
Dr. Shikha Shah
Shah polyclinic and dr. Dhruvis dental care,
Ghatkopar west
Mumbai