Missed period

I missed period for 5 days when did home test it is showing negative. I have sore throat, cold and feeling tired are the symptoms. Please do assist me.

Doctor Answers (2) on Missed period

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
YOU CAN TAKE ANTIBIOTICS FOR YOUR THROAT PROBLEM. AS FAR AS THE PERIODS ARE CONCERNED IF THE PREGNANCY TEST IS NEGATIVE THEN YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY. WAIT PATIENTLY AND THE PERIODS WILL COME EVENTUALLY
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Your menstrual cycle is under hormonal control. The ovary usually releases one egg (ovulation) each month, and about two weeks after, the uterine lining sheds, resulting in menstruation. If the egg is fertilized, it is implanted into the uterus and menstruation does not occur. However, if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle...Consult gynaecologist they will do the needful.