Missed period

Hello doc,
I have regular period cycle of 29/30 days. For the first time my period was late by 5 days in the month of june and now my periods is late by 2 months. Took hpt which came back negative. Went to a doctor, she gave me blood  tests to check my hormones. The report came back alright. Still my period is missing.

Doctor Answers (1) on Missed period

Thank you for your question.
Your gynaecologist will help you best with this. There are many causes why periods can get delayed or irregular. Gaining weight, stress, change in eating habits or work shifts can influence your internal hormonal balance. Since hormones are often in flux checking them once gives you an idea of what their levels are at that moment. It doesn't tell you if the fluctuations expected during the cycle are taking place or not. If the test is normal it only tells you nothing is drastically wrong. Often we also rule out thyroid problems and diabetes. But its not necessary that these tests will be abnormal.
Often when periods become irregular but you keep persevering with being healthy they correct themselves. Other times a prescription of hormones for three months can help kickstart your normal cycle again. Please discuss your concerns with your gynaecologist and focus on exercise, good nutrition, rest and freedom from stress. It is likely that your periods will recover without much interference.
best wished