Miscarriage fetal stopped

If folic acids not taken does it leads to miscarriage? as my sil did not take tab n had a miscarriage in 8week. Doc says fetal stop growing in 4th week only.

Doctor Answers (2) on Miscarriage fetal stopped

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Folic acid supplementation are important for proper fetal growth and helps prevent neural tube defects like spina bifida. It is also known to prevent miscarriage chances. If you are unable to conceive and planning for another pregnancy, you can visit our clinic International Fertility Centre, a leading IVF clinic, located in New Delhi so that I can guide you better. We have a presence of 14 IVF centers located across India and Nepal. We offer varied fertility treatments and services performed by skilled IVF experts and senior embryologists to help you have a joyful parenthood experience. You can also mail your contact details so that I can get in touch with you.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
Folic acid supplementation is very essential during pregnancy because it helps in foetal growth. Even if miscarriage doesn't happen there will be severe neural tube defects in the growing foetus resulting in death.
So yes, folic acid supplementation is very much essential and required.
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.