Mild Eczema

I am suffering from mild eczema between my legs since 10-12 days. It's really embarrassing sometimes in public that I am unable to control itching. Please suggest some home remedies and treatments for the same

Doctor Answers (1) on Mild Eczema

Hi. Greetings. This may be a fungal infection. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging.