Mental illness

I have been observing changes in my wife behaviour from couple of months. Getting hyper for every silly things. And she is low always and not interacting much with me and her friends too. She lost interest in everything and prefers to stay alone inside home. She doesn't eat few days and overeats on few days. She either sleeps less or oversleeps. She keeps crying for no reason and she has tried to commit suicide once. I am worried to leave her alone. Can some one please advise if she is going through depression and what I need to do ?

Doctor Answers (3) on Mental illness

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,
Happy to note that you are caring your wife.
The symptoms that you have described shows that she is going through depression. Communicate with her to find out her problem or get help from a psychotherapist.
Feel free to contact me at your convenience for further help.
Wishes
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Please take her to a Counsellor /Psychologist immediately.  She badly needs someone to listen to her problems or issues which she has not done for some time.
Dr. Udayan Bhaumik Kolkata | Psychiatrist
Your spose is probably going to depression.The first step is to take her to a psychiatrist.Considering her suicide attempt she may need hospitalization also.Do not worry early treatment will surely make her okay.