Currently i am employee of small business. I want to start my own business. Because of that i want to leave my job. But all my well wishers suggested do not leave job and start your business along with continuing your job. but, i think , i cannot do both things at same time. please guide me
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
Dear aspiring Entreprneur,
I can understand your dilemma. While abandoning a relatively settled job is always a big risk, the drive to start your own thing trumps.
What I would suggest to you is this, if you are really confident of making this new venture of yours work, and believe in your capabiltiy in doing so, go for it by all means.
Sometimes, we need to take that leap of faith, and it pays off.
However, before you take that leap, there are a few things you need to be sure of:
- Make sure you a sound and financially feasible business plan, and consult about it with someone whom you trust in the concerned field.
- Make sure you are ready to face the ups and downs, and acccept failures if they come, on your journey to success, as part of your growth.
- Have a back-up plan ready.
- Include plans for the 'sustainability' of your business right from now.
- Make plans and take challenges according to your personality. Do not jump into something that does not suit your personality.
- Have a clear 5-year plan in your head (Be reasonably sure of what you want to achieve in these 5 years)
- Have the emotional readiness to face hardships.
Once you have all this points checked, I do not think there's anything to worry about. If you cannot see yourslves doing both the things that your friends and family are suggesting, then convince them about your business plan with a sound and clear presentation of what you have in mind. I'm sure if you'll convince them well, they'll stand behind you providing all the necessary support.
Good luck, and do let me know when you achieve success in your endeavors.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.