Mensuration problem

I'm having thyroid as well as PCOd n follicular cyst. I take medicines for regulation of my mensuration cycle. Then again after course is finished I again get irregular menstruation. Plz suggest me what to do?

Doctor Answers (6) on Mensuration problem

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Are you planning to conceive? You seem to have major fertility issues that is impacting your menstrual cycles. Visit a gynecologist and seek further evaluation.
Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Pills cannot heal this problem but a holistic  approach  can.Sorry to  inform  you  but you are walking  on the road of hormone  imbalances  which lead to period and fertility  issues in short term but serious  disorders  like diabetes,  blood  pressure,  autoimmune  thyroid  disease  and cancers in the long term.
Good news is that it can be totally  reversed if you choose to do so. If you  really  want  to  know  the root cause of your problem and heal it permanently ,  please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Hitesh Shah Mumbai | Sexologist
Homeopathy , exrcise , nutrition giidance and stress mgt will have lasting and natural benefits.
Dr. Prashant Kini Mumbai | General Endocrinologist
Pcod treatment requires time
Check thyroid levels
Dr Nikita Gandotra Delhi | Gynecologist
Well explained by dr aditi
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for your query regarding menstrual cycle and PCOD.
The cause of irregularity of menstrual cycle in PCOS is primarily due to anovulation or oligo-ovulation. ( infrequent release of egg from ovary)
It is a chronic metabolic condition with varied underlying etio-pathology.

As you have dual etiology of causation of an irregular cycle, I'd advise you to do the following tests.

1. Recent free T3, free T4 and TSH.  : To check if your thyroid hormone status is optimum.

2. Serum prolactin, serum free testosterone, S DHEAS, LH and FSH. To determine excess androgen ( male hormones in the blood).

3. Having 3-4 menses per year is okay,  so maintain a menstrual diary to note date of last menses, days of bleed and pain.

4. Keep weight within normal BMI,  loss of weight even 5 percent and exercise makes sure that your cycles get regularised spontaneously.

5. If you don't wish for pregnancy at present continuation of COC,s is an option. 

6. Rest of the treatment of PCOS is symptomatic,  including regular checkups for detection of development of diabetes.

Do speak to your treating Gynaecologist to discuss the conservative management of PCOS, without medication as well.