I'm having thyroid as well as PCOd n follicular cyst. I take medicines for regulation of my mensuration cycle. Then again after course is finished I again get irregular menstruation. Plz suggest me what to do?
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
Pills cannot heal this problem but a holistic approach can.Sorry to inform you but you are walking on the road of hormone imbalances which lead to period and fertility issues in short term but serious disorders like diabetes, blood pressure, autoimmune thyroid disease and cancers in the long term.
Good news is that it can be totally reversed if you choose to do so. If you really want to know the root cause of your problem and heal it permanently , please read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health feeds. Hope that helps....
Thank you for your query regarding menstrual cycle and PCOD.
The cause of irregularity of menstrual cycle in PCOS is primarily due to anovulation or oligo-ovulation. ( infrequent release of egg from ovary)
It is a chronic metabolic condition with varied underlying etio-pathology.
As you have dual etiology of causation of an irregular cycle, I'd advise you to do the following tests.
1. Recent free T3, free T4 and TSH. : To check if your thyroid hormone status is optimum.
2. Serum prolactin, serum free testosterone, S DHEAS, LH and FSH. To determine excess androgen ( male hormones in the blood).
3. Having 3-4 menses per year is okay, so maintain a menstrual diary to note date of last menses, days of bleed and pain.
4. Keep weight within normal BMI, loss of weight even 5 percent and exercise makes sure that your cycles get regularised spontaneously.
5. If you don't wish for pregnancy at present continuation of COC,s is an option.
6. Rest of the treatment of PCOS is symptomatic, including regular checkups for detection of development of diabetes.
Do speak to your treating Gynaecologist to discuss the conservative management of PCOS, without medication as well.