My moms going through her menopause .i just want t knw the symptoms & how to handle such a person.because i see a lot of moodswings in her n this makes me worried about her.

Doctor Answers (1) on Menopause.

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, So most commonly seen symptoms in menopause are poor memory, less concentration, mood swings, anxiety and sometimes weight gain. As per your description she is already experiencing mood swings. Please consult a gynecologist as generally in such cases women are suggested to take medicines for a short period of time. Ask your mother to join yoga classes for meditation as that would help her to keep her mood in check. Discuss menopause and the symptoms at length so that she can be well informed and introspect better. However, medications would definitely help in the long term as this phase can continue for a few years.