bones-icon
Meniscus surgery reg
Hello doctor..i done an arthoscopy meniscus repair on my right knee..it was bucket handle tear  repaired with Fibre wire. its been 8 weeks of surgery..i am doing knee strengthening exercises quadriceps exercises... after 60 days of surgey I tried to climb stairs...while i tried to climb with my right leg which of operated.,i feel heavy stiffness with high strain on operated leg..i tried to climb 10 steps i feel heavy stiffness on knee with pain..so i keep my left good leg first to claim and then right..and while getting down the stairs i keep right leg first and then left...my query is even 60 days why can't i able to keep my right leg first to claimb...whether my meniscus will completely heal... I am worrying about whether my meniscus will tear again.. kindly give an consult
42 Views v

Answers (2)

Like the answers? Consult privately with the doctor of your choice

Post surgery and restricted use for 6 to 8 weeks causes muscle weakness and reduction in bulk of muscle. It is an expected and common event. Focus on good rehabilitation exercise program. Surgery is only 40 percent treatment complete the physiotherapy exercises are the other 60 percent
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Hi Consult directly with me through Practo for detail discussion, history , treatment plan and prescription. Here u can chat or can do audio or video call . Click on this link and get connected with me https://www.practo.com/aurangabad/doctor/dr-rahul-jaju-orthopedist-1?cache_refresh=true
Next Steps
Hi Consult directly with me through Practo for detail discussion, history , treatment plan and prescription. Here u can chat or can do audio or video call . Click on this link and get connected with me https://www.practo.com/aurangabad/doctor/dr-rahul-jaju-orthopedist-1?cache_refresh=true
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.