Meningioma

Hi Doctor, my father when flying from Chennai to Malaysia had seizures.. he was admitted in a govt. Hosp. And this Monday was discharged. Now he fine. But doctor diagnosed with meningioma. My question is whether he can be able to travel back to Chennai for operation or it is better to be done there, since the op. Cost is very very high in Malaysia..will he be able to take the cabin pressure and oxygen supply differences even though he takes anti seizure medicine before travel.. I have attached the MRI report for your perusal.. please let me know as soon as possible.
views-icons 49 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Meningioma

Pramod P. Ghiya Pune | General Physician
He may be having Meningioma or Glioma. What are his symptoms now? How long has he been without any seizures? How much is his Pulse and BP? Are his pupils equal in both eyes? Why was he discharged from the hospital? What was the recommendation of the treating doctor?
Dr. Trinath Sarkar Kolkata | Internal Medicine
Meningioma if it is impinging on brain or blocking the csf flow , then it is an emergency operation. If possible kindly upload the discharge certificate, then it will be possible to give opinion.