Ménière's Disease

Hi, I am suffering from Meniere’s disease since last 2 years, currently I am undergoing treatment in homeopathic medicine. Are there any surgery or treatment available which will help me to cure the disease completely.

Doctor Answers (1) on Ménière's Disease

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder Kolkata | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
Meniere's disease is characterized by intermittent vertigo, fluctuating tinnitus and deafness. Initially there is deafness affecting the lower frequencies. As the disease progresses hearing in all frequencies are involved. If the condition is not treated ,it results in profound deafness with associated tinnitus and vertigo. Medical treatment should be tried first. The aim of medical treatment is to control vertigo and tinnitus and to prevent further hearing loss. If medical treatment fails, surgical options may be tried. Surgery is done mainly to control vertigo, but any surgery has risk of further hearing loss. Intra-tympanic gentamicin insufflation is a simple procedure , is effective in controlling vertigo and has a low risk of hearing loss.