Memory and fatigue

For the past few years, since graduating college, I feel like my ability to memorize and/or retain information has gone down. I also feel tired a lot...this has been an ongoing issue over the past 4-5 years, also because I had irregular sleeping habits, wasn't responsible about my meals and didn't have an exercise regimen. I am in my 20s and pursuing heavy-duty academic work and so can't afford this drop in attentiveness/memorization. Is there blood work I should get done for any deficiency such as iron? What could be the cause and how should I address this?

Doctor Answers (2) on Memory and fatigue

First Regulate your sleeping habits Most causes of Sleeplessness are due to wrong habits and the good news is that it is very very easy to cure them 1. You have to first have a natural circadian rhythm a. Try to go to sleep and get up at the same time every day. b. And Wake at the same time 2. Food a. Dont take Coffee or Tea after 6 PM b. Milk can be taken 3. Light a. Cover the windows and doors with curtains and avoid light b. Avoid watching TV lying in bed c. Avoid Mobile Phones / Tablets 4. Exercise a. Walk for 45 minutes after dinner b. Take a bath after that Hope you found the answer helpful. Try the above simple techniques for two weeks and let me know how much you have improved
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar Delhi | General Physician
Get Vitamin B12 and Vitamin d levels done.
Start Tab Nuromark once daily at night
Get back to me with reports