Medicine Review
My friend has irregular period and has not had a proper cycles for months. The gynac recommended Meprate 10mg for 5 days - 2 tabs each day. This should help my friend with shedding a very thick lining and then after that, the doctor will recommend some medicines based on blood tests she must take on Day 2 of her periods. Is it safe to take Meprate once? Will having the course this one time cause abnormal hair growth or affect the health of her Uterus since she would like to conceive. Also, she has read that it is used against cancer. She is also aware that some drugs may cause cancer. Hence, please truly recommend if this drug is safe.

Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, using meprate  2 to 3times will not give you any harm. She has given you proper and correct  treatment, if you will not  takeit you will not get periods. That also leads to other complications.  If you use meprate for longer means for yrs then it will have side effects. Don't  google much.
Dr. Pritam Prakash Sulakhe
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 9 yrs exp Pune

Follow ur doc Don't think much reading Internet
Dr. Aarti Kulkarni
Ayurveda 8 yrs exp Thane

Consult ayurvedic gynecologist for irregular menses. Find out reason for irregular menses. For ultrasound pelvis. Ft3 ft4 TSH CBC BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS PROLACTIN FASTING. Oral combined contraceptive pills are not recommended after 35 age. Before.. You can take under proper guidance with low dose. Consult ayurvedic gynecologist for Panchakarma and ayurvedic medicines with modification in diet and lifestyle. Avoid stress and do exercise.
Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern...Meprate (Medroxyprogesterone) is female hormone Progesterone given for irregular periods...I would suggest you to stop worrying about things which you have read in Internet...according to your symptoms you have to take tablets as prescribed by your doctor... Good luck.
Dr. Prashant Kini
General Endocrinologist 11 yrs exp Mumbai
Once is OK Not regularly