Medicine consultation
Dear sir/madam, pls help me on the medicines...my mother in law is suffering from diabetes...pls tell the alternate medicine for zita met 50mg/500mg and englim mpz...we are not getting these medicines in mkt.... Thanks in advance...

Hello There. I can understand your concern. zita met contains sitagliptin 50mg and metformin 500mg. the alternatives for this would be tab. istamet 50/500 and janumet 50/500 but be informed that the alternatives are a bit expensive than zitamet. galvus met is not a alternative for zit met as galvusmet contains vildagliptin in place of sitagliptin. though vildagliptin and sitagliptin belongs to the same group but it cannot be considered as the exact alternative. i have not heard of englim mpz. kindly mention the composition of that and we will surely be able to help you. you can also, take her to a endocrinologist and talk to him about changing the medications to newer gliptins like teneligliptins which are better and even economical. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Physician 13 yrs exp Delhi

Zita met = Galvus met The other one I didn't hear. If u can tell.me the ingredients, I can help