MCA reports

Hi Madam, find attached my wife today scan reports , is there any major issues for baby since my doctor told after 1 week we may need to go for pre delivery & need to keep in NICU , please help us to come out from this problem thanks in advance
views-icons 93 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (5) on MCA reports

Dr Nikita Gandotra Delhi | Gynecologist
I dont see the need to deliver the baby before 37 weeks ..however since there is growth lag..that needs to be monitored by biweekly doppler...keep a watch on daily  fetal movement count..
U need a set up where nicu facilities are available..I still believe one should try to take the pregancy uptil 37 weeks..however close monitoring is important
Dr. Pritam Prakash Sulakhe Pune | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
In my view go for biweekly Doppler and try to pull on pregnancy as much as possible Take shots of steroids Ur scan shows all parameters less than 5th centile That means less chance that it will progress beyond 2-3weeks So go ahead with ur Gynaec Keep watch on fetal movement
Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, There seems to be a growth lag in your baby. You can ask your doctor to consider delivery at 37th week since by the 37th week your baby will be fully developed and there would be no need for NICU.
Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
hi i am a cloudnine consultant too. i have seen your reports. the baby is having a bit of growth lag. the umbilical doppler is good. i dont think there is any need to deliver the baby before 37 weeks. you can ask the doctor to wait till 37 weeks. at 37 weeks the babies development would be completed and then you wont need to keep the baby in the NICU.
CAN CONTACT ME FOR FURTHER DETAILS
It is very difficult to opine depending on scan report. Pregnancy assessment is mostly clinical. After delivery Nicu requirements cannot be always predicted. You can always take a second opinion of you have any doubt.