Masturbation
What is the correct guidance for masturbation?masturbation is good or bad for health?how many times can do masturbation a day? Tell me the correct guidance for masturbation.

Dr. Radhakrishnan nair
Gynecologist 27 yrs exp Ernakulam

Hi I don't think there is any correct guidance for masterbation as how and frequency. It all varies from person to person  accordingly to their age. Adolescents may do it daily and as they grow old the frequency decreases. So if you ask me what would be the ideal frequency for your age of 26 would be either on alternate days or thrice in a week. Because masterbation should not become an addiction. It should be a process of enjoyment and the orgasm to be experienced to rejuvenate your feelings rather than doing it mechanically. I hope you are convinced.
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. Masturbation is good for your sexual health. It keeps your glands in good working order and helps keep the system flushed and lubricated. Men who masturbate with a correct technique can have better erections and delay ejaculation. Masturbation is safe and has no side effects particularly of risky sexual behaviour such as sexually transmitted infections. The correct technique involves focussing on sensations rather than just ejaculation. Use pelvic floor exercises to help in managing arousal and give yourself enough time. You can read more in 'New male sexuality' by Bernie Zilbergeld.