Male pattern baldness

I have suffered huge hair loss at the mere age of 23. My doctor had me tested for Vitamin D3 deficiency. The test results were positive. The doctor prescribed me Minokemin and Wellgrow hair serums and Folli Hair tablets. I witnessed some improvement or at least a curb in hair fall but its all the same again when i have stopped using it after 6 months. Please suggest a long term solution. I don't want to take medicines all along.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

The hair cycle normally consists of growing, resting and falling hairs and there is a delicate balance between these stages of hair cycle. Normally hair should regrow but if its not happening, you should consider seeing a dematologist. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. Further information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss