Major depression 3 years
I m currentlytaking escitalopram .The problem is nightmares . I can't sleep at night and if I do I get nightmares which breaks my sleep. I however can sleep at daytime. i take my med in morning . is there any thing which can help my sleep prob. i m studyng mbbs n i m unable to attnd clases bcz of this. have tried yoga.

Dr. Antara Gupta
Neuropsychiatrist 13 yrs exp Aligarh

Escitalopram is well known for causing nightmares. Switch to another agent.
Dr. Trupti Vedpathak
Addiction Psychiatrist 9 yrs exp Pune

You have not mentioned how long you have been taking escitalopram, how much dose & for how long you have been having nightmares. Nightmares are a sleep related disorder. Depression itself can give rise to nightmares as well as some antidepressants. If antidepressants are the cause, they can be changed. Treatment of the cause would be helpful. Certain medications like anxiolytics taken for short duration may help. You may need to discuss about the same with your psychiatrist.