Lymph nodes

I have around 3 lymph node under jaw and 1 node on left side of neck on the back side. I have been noticing it for a month. They dont pain, they can be noticed if I stretch my neck upwards or to the right. Whom should I consult to get the right diagonisis? I visited a dentist as i had pain inside mouth he said I had peritonitis..I keep thinking about it and worry a lot that it might be a cancer. I was under a treatment for gastroentritis.

Doctor Answers (1) on Lymph nodes

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there i understand your concern....The most common cause of swollen lymph nodes is an infection, particularly a viral infection, such as the common cold. However, there are other types of infections, including parasitic and bacterial, and other possible causes of swollen lymph nodes....your dental issue may be the reason for your neck nodes...Consult nearest surgeon for clinical examination they will do the needful.