Lump under left armpit
For the past one week, I have small lumps within left armpit. Are they enlarged lymph nodes or something else. Its like spreading, smaller ones coming up beside the big one. Big means the size of small gulab jamun.. Pls guide me what to do?

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Lymph nodes are important structures in the body having a specific job of protecting the body from bacteria. The lymph nodes may react to such infections and become enlarged and tender at times but they usually revert Back to their size after some time. I would suggest you get a complete blood count along with absolute eosinophil count done and then consult a general surgeon with the reports for further evaluation and management of your case. Don't delay it. You might need a FNAC (FINE NEEDLE ASPIRATION CYTOLOGY) also done but it will be advised by the surgeon if needed. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician 3 yrs exp Mandya
Hello, Lymph nodes are small, oval-shaped glands that are located throughout the body and play an important role in your body's immune system. The lump may feel small. In other cases, it may be extremely noticeable. Armpit lumps may be caused by cysts, infection, or irritation due to shaving or using antiperspirants . please consult a general surgeon to get examined.