Lump on left butthole
Hi Doctors. I noticed a small, tender, pea-sized lump on the left side of my butthole. It's not particularly painful unless pressed upon. It's just on the inside of the hole. Could you help me with which kind of doc should i consult ? General or any Specialists ? Thanks.

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your query. I would suggest you see a general surgeon especially one who has experience in colorectal surgery. Also be aware that you should disclose any relevant facts in your sexual history as the lesion you talk about can be associated with sexually transmitted infections. There is no substitute for actually seeing and examining such lesions. Getting the diagnosis right is essential for correct treatment. hope this helps