Lump near vaginal opening

I have developed a lump on the right side of my vaginal opening. It is painless and slightly bigger in size. However, it is not creating any problem for me. Is it a serious problem? Does it need an examination? Whom should I consult? I am worried.
views-icons 44 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Lump near vaginal opening

doctor profile image
Dr. Chethan R S
Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

Hi, looks like you have developed bartholins cyst... Often a Bartholin's cyst requires no treatment — especially if the cyst causes no signs or symptoms. When needed, treatment depends on the size of the cyst, your discomfort level and whether it's infected, which can result in an abscess. Treatment options include: antibiotics, surgical removal, marsupialization... Consult Gynecologist for further evaluation and treatment...
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?