Lump in armpit

My friend in having a lump in her right armpit which is not visible as it is inside the skin. She does not have much pain n she touches or press the lump it breaks and after a few days again it forms . Is that a serious matter

Doctor Answers (2) on Lump in armpit

Hi thanks for the query,your description of the lesion looks like an abcess i.e collection of pus.let a dermatologist see it first and opine.it may require few investigations like pus culture and course of antibiotics and drainage if required.further questions ,kindly text me in the private chat option.thank you.
to see a dermatologist near you
Thanks for the query. Lumps in the skin are not uncommon in general population. Any lump should be taken seriously and merits a consultation. In case it is painful and increasing in size, it requires urgent medical attention. Consider meeting a Dermatologist or surgeon for physical examination and if needed a fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) or skin biopsy can be done to ascertain the nature of this lump. Skin biopsy will be both diagnostic and therapeutic as well. It will be very comforting to know the diagnosis and will help to make precise treatment plan. Sometimes after a consultation and biopsy, active treatment may not be needed but periodic follow-up is all that may be necessary. Do not delay the consultation. Hope it helps.
Your specialist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Avoid Self Medications.