Lower back pain

She is suddenly having a problem with lower back pain.we had done Xrays n MRI in that its showing slipped disk. I wanted to ask you whether surgery is the only option for slipped disc?

Doctor Answers (3) on Lower back pain

Bangalore | General Physician

INR 150 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello there. Since there is neural compression, I would also recommend you go for surgery before it gets worse. If the compression progresses, the complications would be even more. Since how many days is she suffering? Before you proceed to surgery, take another spine surgeon's opinion. Wishing her a speedy recovery. Regards
Dr. Prashant Parate
6 yrs. of exp | Pune | Orthopedic Surgeon
Your MRI report doesn't look bad. You will do fine without surgery. But you will have to follow instructions by doctors very keenly.
Dr. Neeraj R Bijlani
13 yrs. of exp | Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
All slip discs do not require surgery and there is definitely a role of non surgical treatment in the treatment of the condition in fact 90% of the slip disc can be treated by non surgical means However proper treatment can be advised only on the basis after evaluating the patient physically So I would request you to consult an orthopaedic doctor specialist in spine and get yourself evaulated