Low testosterone

I have tested low for testosterone i.e 133g/dl.so i want to know should i consult a doctor or i should change my life style,diet like doing exercise etc and wait for another one month and again go for test because i suspect this is because of my current life styles. i used to smoke but i have stopped it since january.i have not done single work out from last 2 years due to my current carrier struggle but earlier i used to be a athlete.so i pretty sure that this condition is due to my current inactive lifestyle.i do not want to go for hormone replacement therapy since they have side effects and i want to increase it naturally..so please guide me in this.is my condition require urgent care or i can wait for one month with my changed life style to see improvement?

Doctor Answers (1) on Low testosterone

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi....., Low testosterone in men is sometimes treated medically, with testosterone supplementation. In other cases, it can be treated with lifestyle changes such as efforts to lose excess weight and exercise more. Testosterone can be delivered to the body in a variety of ways: Injections into a muscle can be given every few weeks, either by a medical professional or by self-injection.Patches or gels containing testosterone can be applied to the skin daily.A tablet-shaped patch known as a buccal system can be applied in the mouth where the upper gum meets the inside of the lip. The patch is changed every 12 hours.Testosterone pellets are a newer form of treatment. The pellets are inserted under the skin of the buttocks, where they release testosterone for three to four months