Low self confidence

Hi, My concern is more emotional than Physical. I feel a very low self esteem and self confidence. Being pessimist about a lot of things that dulls my entire day. I am always low on energy and willings to work things out.

Doctor Answers (1) on Low self confidence

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Self-esteem tends to fluctuate over time, depending on your circumstances. It's normal to go through times when you feel down — or good — about yourself. Generally, however, self-esteem stays in a range that reflects how you feel about yourself overall. Consider how to recognize the extremes of your self-esteem... Relationships with those close to you — parents, siblings, peers, teachers and other important contacts — are important to your self-esteem. Many beliefs you hold about yourself today reflect messages you've received from these people over time. If your relationships are strong and you receive generally positive feedback, you're more likely to see yourself as worthwhile and have healthier self-esteem. ..