Low haemoglobin

Hii, this problem is regarding my wife..she is having low hameoglobin of 6.9. She is feeling weak also..we had undergone CBC test and consulted a physician...doctor advised us to undergo test like vitamin b3level and vitamin d level..these r expensive test..my question is are these test necessary before further treatment ??? Wot to do should we focus on medication or try to increase HB naturally???

Doctor Answers (1) on Low haemoglobin

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. If you follow the treatment and advice I say, no need to go for further tests. 1. Have a high protein diet, give her one glass of milk everyday before bed. Pulses are very good source of proteins and if she can have one egg per day in any form, it would be very good for her. 2. Ask her to take foods which have high amounts of iron in them like dark leafy vegetables, apples etc. Along with one tablet livogen-z once a day after food for 2 months. 3. Ask her to avoid tea/coffee and other carbonated beverages. 4. Tab. Albendazole before bed tonight for de-worming. Only one dose that's it. 5. One fruit per day is compulsory along with other greens and vegetables as they will provide her with the much needed b-complex vitamins along with that take one tablet neurobion forte once a day after food for 2 months. 6. Ask her to sit in the sun for atleast 20 minutes a day between 10-12, with 20 percent of her body surface area exposed. That would be her face, arms and half legs. 7. Tab. Supracal pro once a day after food for a month. That's it. You need to start her on three medicines now and repeat the CBC after 45 days. Livogen-z may be needed to continued for the third month also. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.