Liver function test

Hi. I had viral fever and was advised to take several tests to be sure that it's a viral fever since the tablets and the injection worked only temporarily at my first visit. One of the test is for the liver. It turned out to be that my AST is 109 and my ALT is 157. I am a weekend drinker and within manageable limit. Is this because of my drinking habit or is it because of the fever and the tablets or injection that I had taken at my first visit to the clinic? The doctor mentioned that it might be because of the viral fever. But with all due respect to the doctor, I want to know what would be wrong with my body. I googled it out and found that it might be Hepatitis. Worried :(

Doctor Answers (1) on Liver function test

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..... you must mention the unit along with value. There is a mild elevation of enzyme levels ,usually in viral hepatitis there is 5 to 6 fold increase in liver enzyme levels but your is only 2 fold rise Alcohol intake explains mild elevation of enzymes. ... You must have jaundice if it's hepatitis.. Stop taking alcohol ,consult general physician.