LIGHT SENSITIVE EYES

I have got light sensitive eyes. I'm not able to tolerate Sunlight. Tears flow like anything when I I'm in Sunlight & My eyes force me to close it.[Even Worse, when I went to eye check up, where they dilated my pupil. I couldn't open my eyes the whole day]. Not only Sunlight but also tubelight. My Mom had Retinal detachment. I went to an opthalmologist, she says everything is fine. For light sensitivity, she gave me Tear Eye Drop(Lubricating eye drop). No results. I'm Myopic[-0.25]. I'm 19,Male,74kg. Everyone in my age are able to tolerate Sunlight to an extent. I'm not able to play games/do anything in Sunlight,which is disgusting. Then there is some wrong with my eyes. WHAT MAY BE THE REASON FOR THIS LIGHT SENSITIVITY? IS THERE A PERMANENT SOLUTION TO THIS? WHAT IS THIS DISORDER CALLED? Thanks a lot in Advance.

Doctor Answers (2) on LIGHT SENSITIVE EYES

Dr. Shahnawaz Kazi Mumbai | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
You are sensitive to light .It means you could have a problem in the cones of the eye.
Check your color vision on the colour blindness tests available online.
Also what is your vision.
you should do ERG test to confirm the diagnosis .
Dr. Pranav Dave Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
If an ophthalmologist has seen you and said nothing is wrong then he might be right. Only other possibility could be high corneal abbressions. Go for its check up. Anyhow only lubricating eye drops and Antiglare glasses would help you out.