Ligament problem thumb

There's some problem on my right elbow when i move my hand extremely, also i on my thumb there's some pain when i twist it, it has healed with time but i still can put as much power as i was able to before using my thumb because of that thumb sprain. Please suggest what should i do?

Tiji Mathew Thomas
Physiotherapist 17 yrs exp Ernakulam

Based on the details given, it is likely to be tennis elbow and de Quervains tenosynovitis at the thumb. Consult a physiotherapist in your locality for the best conservative management of these conditions. Home Care includes icing for 10-15 minutes and overnight dressing with well stirred glycerine magnesium sulphate paste. Use of wrist splint with thumb spica during strenuous activities is helpful for both the conditions.
Dr. Adnan Feroz Khan
Orthopedic Surgeon 6 yrs exp Aligarh
get some localized depomedrol injection in that area by an orthopaedic surgeon....it will b fine