Lichen planus

Noticed a simple ring sore on my glans penis which was very mild 3 month ago and the affected area pained mildly when touched, I thought may be due ti friction the skin is coming off as I am sexually inactive and have had zero sexual experience. But two three days ago I noticed that the size of the affected area has increased almost to 1/4th of the glans penis,that portion has become leathery and a little hard and I can't feel the flesh when I touch it! It also pains sometime! I applied some moisturiser hoping it would help but the condition remains the same! Then I was a little worried and googled the symptom and did a little research about various sexual and asexual skin diseases, the images of LICHEN PLANUS were exactly the same it looked on my glans penis!

Doctor Answers (1) on Lichen planus

Dr. D.P. Jayanth Mysore | Dermatologist
It could be fungal infection (Candidial) rather than lichen planus. Kindly consult dermatologist at earliest for early diagnosis and correct treatment. Blood tests for diabetes are needed. You may apply moisturiser for now.