Leucoderma

My mother is 51 and my mom got this problem at age of 10.she got treatment from homeopathy,Ayurveda and so on.but she didn't got any relief and know she is also suffering from other deceases like diabetes,gas,syncs and so on. and know the problem is so increased that white marks are coming on her face so,can you tell me that what she can do to avoid such marks on face.

Doctor Answers (1) on Leucoderma

Thanks for the query.
This could be related to a skin disease called Vitiligo. It is easily diagnosed by a dermatologist and if needed a blue light (Wood's lamp) examination is used to understand it better. Kindly consult a skin specialist. Other skin conditions and close mimickers can rarely confuse a diagnosis of Vitiligo. Vitiligo has excellent treatment options and can be cured provided the patient sticks to the recommendations. There are basically 2 components of therapy – First is to stop the spread of the disease and second is to refill colour. There are different ways of doing that and it differs from patient to patient. Vitiligo is associated with other auto-immune diseases and a screening for them is advisable.