Less weight

He's been through depression and it has affected his weight a lot and it seems very difficult to gain some. Also I have done enough research and found out that he lacks dopamine and serotonin in his body. I just wanted to know that is the weight gaining gonna have some impact on these two neurotransmitters and how should we frame his diet chart so that we get the best results.

Doctor Answers (3) on Less weight

Dr. Reinaa Shukla Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
yes stress and depression plays bad on hormones and affect adrenals keeping you in a state on anxiety affecting leptin and ghrelin both hormones that affect hunger
overcome stress by meditation or do some new activity to amuse yourself
eat your food very calmly and take a vitamin B 12 and B6
Ms. Jasleen Chawla Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi there!
Yes a suitable diet plan with healthy nutritious food and foods rich in serotonin will definitely help. We will need to plan small but nutrition dense meals so that he gains weight.
You can get in touch with me over the phone and then we can take it further
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... Only calories won’t add to your body weight,include the right amount of proteins to your diet. Remember, if you want to put on weight and look fit, you need to build muscles not flab. Eat - Eggs, lean meat, fish, pulses, sprouts, and dairy products that rich sources of proteins. Fish such as tuna and mackerel are rich in oil and are one of the best ways to increase weight.....