Leg pain from a week

I have leg pain. I used to get this pain when I was child. But it started again from last week. The whole right leg pains. When I take rest it wil be fine for sometime but when I walk or run and then sit, it starts paining a lot. It started paining 1 day before I got periods and today it's fifth day and still the pin is not reduced. I am pretty sure the pain is not because of periods.

Doctor Answers (1) on Leg pain from a week

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello. Madam based on the history you have given I think you should know that there are many reasons which causes leg muscle pain like poor nutrition diet causing easy fatigue, sometimes a compression on the nerve root can result in pain referring to the calf/leg muscles. The blood vessels supplying the calf muscle can be distended or might be obstructed due to clot formed in it. People with uncontrolled diabetes can have neuropathy which can cause burning and tingling sensation and may sometimes have leg pain. Apart from these knee joint or ankle join pain can be due age related leading to wear and tear of the cartilage supporting the bone ends and gradual diminishing of the fluid between the bone endings with age. So all this things should be examined properly with the aid of investigations to ascertain a proper cause. So kindly consult a surgeon for further management.