Left side rib pain having a sharp pain in my left side rib below the chest. ..when I seats on hard serface like table, bench, train seats I gets more pain in my upper shoulders and pain last for long...when I touch my rib I feel pain..I have visited 3 doctors in this 3 1/2 month all r told me this is bcz of gas all have gave me medicine Omeprazole, rantec, gelocil kind of medicine but my condition is same bcz of sharp pain can't concentrate in my work and ya on doctors advice 3 times I have done ECG report was normal last ecg done on 7-april-2016.please kindly advice me what should I do to get ride of this problem...thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Left side rib pain

Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Sir, Now that you have already undergone an ECG and taken antacid, I would suggest that you undergo an X Ray of the chest just to rule out if anything is wrong with the ribs. The commonest cause for such sharp pains is acidity and nerve pain or even swelling in the ribs. The X Ray will help in finding out if there is any swelling in the ribs. Depending upon the reports, we can decide the further action.