Left leg pain aft sitting

Few recent days I feel pain in only left leg (hamstrings and back knee area) after sitting on chair, When i walk after sitting pain is disappeared.This scenario begins from morning to evening, when i returned to home no pain but pain when strech and bend.also difficulties in standing up from sitting position. Please suggest me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Left leg pain aft sitting

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...pain in the posterior aspect of thighs as you are describing could be due to number of reasons like sciatica, muscle strain, meralgia parasthetica, any nerve injuries. Also sensations and movements in those areas will also have to checked. So kindly consult a neurologist or an orthopedic for further evaluation. Till then it is best to take rest and do not over strain the muscles. You can take a painkiller if the pain is severe and you don't have any gastritis or drug allergies