Left knee pain and sound

I used to drive for 100 kms daily. I got stressed my knee due to repetitive clutch movement. It started paining in my left knee initially. Now the whole leg became weak. I am not able to sit or stand for a long time. I feel a sound in my knee when I bend my knee in-out by lifting my leg up. This sound doesn't resemble the sound most of the people get when doing squats. I also feel pressure in my knee below kneecap from outside. I consulted well known physios but their treatment doesn't help. I went for a knee x ray which showed normal cartilage. Is there any thing I can do to get the sound out of knee and strengthen my legs as before. It's almost a year since am facing this issue. Are there any tears in ligaments or tendons? If so how can it be treated? Any help is appreciated.

G. Rangaswamy
General Physician 33 yrs exp Hyderabad
Due to the position of the legs while driving, there could b some changes due to wear n tear. Ideally see a competent Ortho Surgeon who can check the joint orthoscopicall and correct it then and there. Its a simple procedure.