Left ankle swollen

Hi, I was playing badminton and fell down My left ankle has been paining since then and pain has gradually increased. The outer part of the ankle has swollen. Low pain while resting. Sever while walking. Please suggest if this is a hairline fracture case or just a muscle or nerve twitch.

Doctor Answers (2) on Left ankle swollen

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Its a fracture for sure but how bad is it or is it a hairline or not can be said only after seeing a x-ray of the affected area. And what would you do by knowing if it's hairline or not? Anyways you will have to go to a orthopedic surgeon for treatment. Consult him soon and get a xray also done. Keep the area immobilized. You can apply a ice pack over tee affected area. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well without examination is difficult to say if its a fracture or something else... I need to examine and also get x Ray...it's better you immobilise the ankle so that the pain and swelling will reduce and will help in better healing..you would be required to use a binder.... meet an orthopaedician...thank you